Associate Business Analyst (Edgewood, MD)
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues,that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Smiths Detection is a global authority on the application, management and manufacture of world-class detection and screening technology. We deliver the solutions you need to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics.
Known for our best-in-class expertise, equipment and support, customers rely on Smiths Detection to help them make the world a more secure place. With over 40 years’ experience, our mission is to use technology to develop innovative solutions and services which uphold the free flow of trade and make the world a safer place.
Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Smiths Detection is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Smiths Detection Inc. is searching for an Associate Business Analyst to join the Service team. The candidate will help drive delivery of cost improvement targets and operational efficiencies. To succeed in this role, the candidate should have a natural analytical way of thinking. He or she must be able to communicate with stakeholders to understand and mitigate cost variances, and drive data accuracy improvements..
Our ideal candidate has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a positive attitude and a team mindset.
• Ensure plans are in place for work completion
• Monitor/ review open orders and address roadblocks (parts, technician availability)
• Ensure orders are closed in SAP upon work completion, confirming data integrity
• Understand the reporting requirement for maintenance logs and submit accordingly
• Ensure timely PMI completion and highlight risk areas
• Ensure PM work orders are created with due dates based on contract requirements
• Analyse the gap between cost and budget. Communicate with cost owner to mitigate the variance.
• Analyse service metric , assist in researching root cause and drive actions for improvement
• Monitor deliverables and ensuring timely completion of project activities
• Create purchase reqs for rigging support, trucking transportation, HVAC maintenance etc.
• Other duties as required.
• Complying with and promoting all relevant legal requirements & Smiths policies and procedures, including business ethics, data protection and health & safety
Education/training: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
• Skills in Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point
• Strong understanding of business processes
• Must be organized and interact well in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize a wide range of activities
• Self-motivated and proactive ability to meet business needs
• Strong ability to handle stressful situations when working under pressure and strict deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge in SAP and finance
• Ability to interact with personnel at all levels in a professional manner
• Strong project and time management skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently and within established timeframes.
• Ability to think logically and apply practical solutions
• Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual who assumes task ownership
• Ability to understand and evaluate metrics and apply process improvement measures
Other Requirements: Must be willing to work out of an office in Edgewood, MD