Configuration Management Specialist (Edgewood, MD)
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues,that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Smiths Detection is a global authority on the application, management and manufacture of world-class detection and screening technology. We deliver the solutions you need to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics.
Known for our best-in-class expertise, equipment and support, customers rely on Smiths Detection to help them make the world a more secure place. With over 40 years’ experience, our mission is to use technology to develop innovative solutions and services which uphold the free flow of trade and make the world a safer place.
Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Smiths Detection is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
The Configuration Management Specialist/Change Analyst will:
• Govern, administer and execute the technical and management process for establishing and maintaining consistency of a product’s performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design and operational information throughout the product life cycle.
• Serve as the primary Configuration Management resource for assigned projects to fulfill the function from concept through disposal.
• Shall act as the primary, named Configuration and Data Management representative to customers, fulfilling contractual obligations as required.
• Interface with various internal and external customers like TSA, and also collaborate with internal customers across all global Smiths sites.
- Responsible for Configuration and Data Management activities including configuration identification, planning and management, status accounting, configuration control, verification and audit.
- Experienced with managing mechanical and electrical CAD data as well as software binaries and executables.
- Experienced with managing configuration control activities including Requests for Deviations (RFD’s), Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s), Engineering Change Proposals (ECP’s) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s).
- Must be able to interpret technical data such as specifications, drawings, BOM’s and articulate requirements to all technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Science or Engineering from an accredited university or college with 3-6 years’ experience; or 4-7 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and training in configuration and data management activities and relevant certification and/or membership in an appropriate configuration management association.
- Experienced with ASME Y14, IEEE 828, EIA-649B, MIL-HDBK-61A and ISO 10007, or equivalent standards.
- Experienced with Teamcenter Product Life Cycle Management software.
- Experienced with SAP Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Must be able to work with cross-functional teams.
- Must be detailed oriented, highly motivated and demonstrate a professional status.
- Must be eligible for a security clearance if the need arises.
- Must be able to accommodate minimal travel when required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and quickly adjusts in an ever changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Be able to respond to multiple requests under tight deadlines and in a dynamic working environment.
This position requires access to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations), EAR (Export Administration Regulations), and Department of State or Department of Commerce controlled information and routine access to a cleared facility. Applicant must be a U.S. Person (citizen, green card holder or other permanent resident).
- Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.