Senior Continuous Improvement Practitioner
We are looking to hire a Senior Continuous Improvement Practitioner for our Smiths Detection division in Hemel Hempstead.
The incumbent will be responsible for creating change in behaviours, systems and tools, driving improvement and supporting the Detection Excellence Enterprise System deployment.
- Drive the continuous improvement system through project support:
- Ensure consistency on the continuous improvement deployment
- Lead Project governance and review process
- Make the link with business through improvement activity
- Manage the project utilising Business tools and provide business communications
- Embed the culture:
- Develop and provide training in line with continuous improvement flow down and specific tools to support project execution
- Coach teams to drive continuous improvement as part of project execution
- Run Gemba walks focussed on behavioural norms & systems
- Drive the Policy Deployment Process and support Macro plan execution
- Ensure consistency the use of tools and systems
- Utilise standardised tools, continuous improvement methodologies within their day to day activities
- Formal certificate/training and proven expertise in a world-class continuous improvement environment such as Six Sigma (Shainin), Kaizen and LEAN.
- Strong experience in a manufacturing or service environment with multi-level internal and external exposure to senior functional management within a global matrix structure.
- Proven continuous improvement leadership, with recognisable results within a challenging and highly professional continuous improvement environment.
- Excellent people skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels internally and externally and in different cultures/nationalities.
- The corporate language is English, however a level of fluency in German and/or French is certainly desirable.
- Self-motivated and results-driven.
- Considerable experience operating in a CI / Lean environment
- Experience in SharePoint
Smiths Detection offers advanced security solutions in civil and military markets worldwide, developing and manufacturing government-regulated technology products that identify explosives, chemical and biological agents, weapons and contraband. It is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.