Legal Compliance Administrator (Edgewood, MD)
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues,that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Smiths Detection is a global authority on the application, management and manufacture of world-class detection and screening technology. We deliver the solutions you need to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics.
Known for our best-in-class expertise, equipment and support, customers rely on Smiths Detection to help them make the world a more secure place. With over 40 years’ experience, our mission is to use technology to develop innovative solutions and services which uphold the free flow of trade and make the world a safer place.
Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Smiths Detection is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Smiths Detection is seeking a Legal and Compliance Coordinator to work in its Americas in-house legal department in Edgewood, Maryland.
The successful candidate will be engaged to perform the following tasks and assignments:
Contracts and Legal
• Serve as an information and communication liaison to handle routine inquiries for the department from internal and external customers
• Contribute to problem solving and risk mitigation for the department by evaluating requests for support and routing them as appropriate
• Assists in the development of department reports, tools, and documentation that aid in the monitoring and compliance of contract and legal functions
• Assist in the development and maintenance of a Contract Management Information System
• Assist with processing contracts, legal and compliance documents as needed
• Lead projects that support the development and maintenance of the contracts and legal department infrastructure
• Prepare and maintain department reports, KPI metrics, and boards
• Assist in ensuring compliance with government contract laws and reporting requirements, including preparation and filing of reports
• Review, monitor and process filings for contracts, legal and compliance
• Organize and maintain paper and electronic records systems for the department including the tracking and monitoring of executed documents
• Document daily job processes and procedures into a desk manual
• Maintain and update comprehensive calendar of events for timely compliance with legal and contractual requirements
• Coordinate departmental efforts between Edgewood and Newark
• Schedule, coordinate and manage legal department meetings and events
• Create and manage purchase orders and requisitions for the department
• Ad-hoc administrative support to department
Education/Training: BS from an accredited institution or equivalent related work experience
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in a corporate, or office environment
Knowledge/Skills: Ability to present a professional level of customer service to include excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to exercise independent judgment to make decisions during times of ambiguity
Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Trustworthy and discreet
Strong skills in the use of office technology, computer software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and databases (e.g. SAP, SharePoint).
Attention to Detail