Sales Operations Administrator
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues,that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Smiths Detection is a global authority on the application, management and manufacture of world-class detection and screening technology. We deliver the solutions you need to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics.
Known for our best-in-class expertise, equipment and support, customers rely on Smiths Detection to help them make the world a more secure place. With over 40 years’ experience, our mission is to use technology to develop innovative solutions and services which uphold the free flow of trade and make the world a safer place.
Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Smiths Detection is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
As a member of the Sales Operations team, you will support the Sales team’s operational success. The Sales Operations Administrator is responsible for activities supporting various Sales Teams and the associated markets to achieve Sales and Revenue. This role encompasses administrative tasks and coordination of the existing Sales Demo Equipment to various tradeshows and events. Responsible for ensuring effective representation of Smiths Detection equipment at industry Trade Shows in order to generate qualified leads. Events will also include activity at corporate and Customer locations in support of Sales initiatives. The role requires attention to detail, effective and timely follow-up and excellent communication skills. The incumbent must possess an assertiveness to drive to completion, and have the ability to multi-task. Must be able to meet deadlines and prioritize projects in-line with overall business objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the direction of the Tradeshow and Events Manager, Director Sales Operations as well as Field Sales personnel, coordinates equipment logistics and deliverables for tradeshows, Partner events, training sessions, and other Smiths Detection events.
• Works with various Sales Managers and ensure timely delivery of equipment to various Customer locations for demonstration and pre-sale activities
• Ensures effective tracking of all Smiths Detection Demo equipment. Manages demo inventory and SAP transactional data to effectively capture current SAP storage location and material numbers. Main point of contact for auditors during annual equipment audits, providing data and reports.
• Responsible for ensuring maintenance of equipment as well as inventory and delivery of required accessories and consumables in support of tradeshow and customer activities. Coordinating Service on equipment when required and for routine Service needs
• Account and lead screening/cleaning. Conferring directly with our Customer base to ensure assignment of leads to appropriate sales reps as received from various tools.
• Responsible for full execution of Opportunity Review weekly calls; including but not limited to, scheduling, reviewing and editing presentations, hosting calls and tracking/reporting on win/lost opportunities.
• Respond to requests of business-related materials in a timely manner.
• Answers incoming Sales calls from Customer Service 800 number and respond or route as required.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines required; Organized, able to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to act independently and exercise good judgment and discretion.
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and ability to work effectively in fast-paced team environment.
• Demonstrated project management skills a plus.
• Customer focused and willingness to perform tasks outside of job scope
• Able to contribute to a high performing team.
• Experience in working with vendors/3rd party is a plus.
• Knowledge of logistics and able to manage multiple shipments
• Knowledge of SAP a plus, but not necessary.
• Experience in a Customer Service or Customer facing role a plus
• Bilingual a plus but not required
• Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• Driven to completion of tasks with a focus on Customer Service for both internal and external Customers.
• Process and data driven
• Highly Organized and a multi-tasker
• Highly detail-oriented with focus on quality and results
• Able to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
• A team player who is comfortable working independently and part of a team