Business Analyst (Edgewood, MD)
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues,that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Smiths Detection is a global authority on the application, management and manufacture of world-class detection and screening technology. We deliver the solutions you need to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics.
Known for our best-in-class expertise, equipment and support, customers rely on Smiths Detection to help them make the world a more secure place. With over 40 years’ experience, our mission is to use technology to develop innovative solutions and services which uphold the free flow of trade and make the world a safer place.
Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Smiths Detection is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Smiths Detection is searching for a Business Analyst (BA) to join the Service Operational Excellence team. The BA will oversee process improvement efforts by gathering information, documenting processes, and providing cost-benefit analysis.
To succeed in this role, the candidate should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users while translating business data into digestible information that improves corporate processes.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies
- Staying up-to-date on the latest processes
- Collecting data and providing cost-benefit analysis
- Maintaining accuracy of ERP master data
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Effectively communicating insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Required Skills and Experience:
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Visio
- Strong understanding of business processes
- Must be decisive, organized and interact well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others
- Ability to manage multiple task and a wide range of activities
- Self-motivated and proactive ability to meet business needs
- Strong ability to handle stressful situations when working under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to make good judgments by thinking quickly and broadly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- SAP Experience
- Database and Programming knowledge
- Fluent in English
- Must be willing to work out of an office in Edgewood, MD