Internal Audit Manager
Smiths Group plc is seeking an Internal Audit Manager to join the company on a permanent basis.
The role will be part of the Internal Audit & Risk Management team, which is responsible for providing assurance over the financial & operational control environment of the Smiths Group to the Audit Committee.
The appointee will have the opportunity of joining a FTSE100 international group of companies, with the remit of managing a variety of audits, with substantial responsibility and challenges. Based in Slough, the role will require international travel (up to 40% of the time).
- In line with the objectives of the Internal Audit & Risk Management function, the Internal Audit Manager will help the business identify, measure and manage risks as effectively as possible.
- Conduct the highest quality review of internal controls and supporting the risk management process.
- Maintain a risk based programme / audit universe.
- Maintain relationships with a number of internal business stakeholders to understand the business.
- Conduct internal audit reviews across the 5 Smiths divisions (typically one each month).
- Carry out risk workshops to support the business Enterprise-wide Risk Management (ERM) programme.
- Support the preparation of Audit Committee papers and other reports as required.
- Contribute to the development of the department’s audit plans, programmes and techniques.
- ACA / ACCA qualified (first time pass); Bachelor Degree.
- Extensive external audit experience (ideally with one of the Big 4).
- Internal audit experience – an asset but not a requirement.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Highly organised, keen attention to detail.
- Comfortable taking responsibility for audits from the planning phase through to reports of the highest quality being issued.
- Able to communicate effectively (all audit reports are distributed and read by the Board).
- Able to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
- Desire and ability to understand ways of working / processes and the curiosity to challenge and improve ways of working.
- Able to influence and partner senior stakeholders to agree and drive actions to completion.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and has excellent collaboration and influencing skills in order to be able to demonstrate personal credibility to the business.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 22,000 colleagues, based in 50 countries. We support customers in around 200 countries and territories around the world. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 160 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.